Connecting Global Research
Online and Open
Free where possible
How to use this online course for learning.
The processes that created Malaysia’s rocks and landforms.
Malaysia’s history, early settlement and industry, ethnicities and religions.
Malaysia’s minerals, mining and fossil fuels.
Water resources in Malaysia.
Food and agriculture in Malaysia.
Fisheries, mangroves and ecotourism in Malaysia.
The importance and diverse range of Malaysia’s forests.
How and why Malaysia is a mega-diverse nation and threats to these riches.
Develop your knowledge of economics, landscapes, biomes, resources, geomorphology, geology and much more...
UNMC's NRM develops the following skills and knowledge:
- Intellectual Skills
- Understanding of the geological and geographical processes that created South-East Asia and the natural resources of Malaysia
- Interpretation of Malaysian landscapes, biomes, geomorphology and geology
- Recognition of the importance of natural resources to the national and international economy
- Professional Practical Skills. The student will be able to:
- Conduct simple practical tasks in the field
- Understand the safety aspects associated with field work
- Transferable Skills. The student will be able to:
- Work independently
- Construct a scientific blog
- Interpret their local environment